Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Casey: Back with the Boys

I felt a little more comfortable being back with the boys. The trip Alev and I took telling unwary folk about an incoming dark army was exhausting. It's much easier having other people to set watch at night. Too bad we were "ordered" back to Saragost. The whole point in breaking out of home was to not be told I had to do something. Being asked is one thing. Even being of nobility doesn't mean you have to act like you are. I just have to pretend to myself that I'm being noble and helpful and not being told what to do.

To come back to the rest of the group and find Rygorh a little changed (angrier) was flooring. That whole story about being brought back to the "stars" came to life, so to speak. I suppose I could tell Alev or the Knife about my tattoo. I don't particulary want everyone to know personal things about me even if I'm beginning to accept the fact that fate has led me here. I suppose if I just accept it outright then perhaps after it's all said and done Dad will just accept the fact that I can be the boss.

I think I need to sit down and reposition my bow and check to see that my arrows were made correctly. I missed some critical shots during the ambush. At least I'm not as big a target as Rygorh, though. Poor guy. He must have a sign on him somewhere that reads, "I'm a cleric. Kill me first."

I'm not overly concerned about this Council. I do wonder what we could learn about the personal life of that evil Thaddeus. Not so much that he worships the evil goddess, but whether or not he has much influence in the Council. If Neil didn't pick up that the rest were evil, and they are all relatively powerful in some way, perhaps they'll just take care of Thaddeus for us. I don't think it's our job to deal with him right now anyway. I still think it would be beneficial to head out of here. No since being target practice more than we have to right now.

I'm anxious to get out of this city for sure. It makes me nervous being here waiting for the next ambush. But I will miss the really neat mermaid show. It felt great being dressed up again, too.

Next Post