Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Casey: Vannondale

Wow . . . seeing a hole in the ground the size of a village was an experience. I would dearly love to know what happened! What sort of spell could make a whole village just up and disappear?!?! Of course, that does make our job a little easier. Nothing to fight there.

Upon entering Vannondale we met up with Eustace Colombe, a noble there. He had a locust face. We thought, at first it was a mask and we tried to pull it off. He didn't like that much. It didn't take long for him to tell we were friends and he calmed enough to give us some information about some wizard who'd cast this weird spell on him. He warned us of disgusting undead creatures we'd encounter upon entering the house. He kind of failed to mention dog-headed men, though!! Oh, my. In my whole 18 years I never thought I'd see that! They talked and played cards and knew how to keep poker faces! They were extremely quick on the draw, too. But, alas, we put them down with very little effort. Dog-headed men!

This wizard we met up with is most annoying to me. The only reason I can reason in my head for him wanting to discover dates and times about the Equinox would be to hand them off to someone else. Now there's a slim chance that he's working for Lady Arigane, but I somehow doubt it. I don't believe she would align herself with someone who keeps undead creatures around as guardians. I really think that he's passing this information off to someone evil, perhaps even Count Crastic. I definitely don't want to fight him again without a very well planned attack. He has this attack of three scorching rays at once! I really wonder if our wizards will ever be able to do anything like that! I certainly hope so because it was amazing to see.

This whole experience makes me wonder what else we're going to see on our fated trip to save the planet from evil.

Next Post