Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Chronicles of Rygorh: Chalksmere

We set out the morning after everyone was finished equipping themselves. Hmmm I like this new armor seems to fit much better and doesn't hinder my movement as much. I need to have this shield enchanted at first opportunity. We headed towards the most northward city and were very gratified to see that Hockton Barrow had preparation well underway for defending itself as we passed through. We traveled most of the day uneventfully until late afternoon someone shouted look out above.

I looked up to see what appeared to be a Dragon coming straight for us. I could hear Neil chanting for his gods blessing upon the group that was fine with me, I can allow his God to waist energy on minor spells like that and wait to call upon the massive power of Firinna to strike down my foes. As the creature came closer I could see it was not a dragon but some type of beast that looked like a dragon but had a scorpion's tail. There was nothing that I could do but grab my bow and begin firing arrows as it did not seem as though it was going to land. Tilk who did not suffer my problem enlarged himself and with his huge two handed sword cleaved the creature right out of the sky but not before it was able to score some hits on the group with that tail. Rumus looked the worse and was far beyond my skills, I suggested that we take him back to Hockton Barrow for assistance however no mater how much me and Rumus both wanted to return the rest of the group was intent on continuing onward in the hopes that their may be aid for him in Chalksmere.

We continued onward through the rest of the day with no other surprises with the exception of some farmers who had received word of the army moving south and were headed to Saragost. Just after dark we reached a bridge that appeared to have a barrier on the other side preventing anyone from crossing with a sign that looked to have been put up by a child. A couple of the party members said that they could see a set of green eyes watching us in the darkness then disappear. Hmmmm, "best to approach this in the daytime" I thought. We decided as a group to stay the rest of the night in one of the abandoned farm houses. The next morning we started out early just after breakfast and began to cross the bridge, everyone looking around carefully. About halfway across the bridge while reading the misspelled and childlike handwriting I muttered, "by Firinna's sacred flame", almost instantaneously there was a bright flash as the blade of my sword burst into flame looking like a life-size version of my Holy Symbol. Everyone marveled at the flaming sword in my hand for a moment while I said a silent prayer to Firinna thanking her for this latest blessing.

We entered the town, tried to speak with the villagers who were not real cooperative they seemed very secretive. We were able to determine that everyone here worshiped Wohoon and found his shrine in the woods outside the village. As evening approached all the villagers began filling into the city hall but barred us from entering, well except for Tilk who worshiped Wohoon and Casey who said that she did as well. Shortly after they entered a very large odd looking individual kind of walked up and looked at us saying not to go in cause, "they's pigs"!

Next Post