Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Casey: Rumors and Prayers

Rumor has it that the dark elves and dwarves have joined forces with Visk and have attacked Kahoor. What I remember of Visk is that the Emperor was some sort of unconquerable tyrant. I don't recall them ever having beef with Kahoor, though. They have always been fighting at some point or another in history and present time with Jehannum. This makes me wonder if Jehannum has been decimated by these foul beasts and that's why they have gone after Kahoor or Jehannum is waging a battle against the Drow alone. The latter doesn't seem plausible because Jehannum beat Visk alone in a large-scale battle several hundred years ago. If all the power of Visk couldn't beat them down then Drow alone surely couldn't. Hopefully, Jehannum stands and is attacking the Viskans, dark elves and dwarves from behind.

I began praying to Hombel fairly soon after our voyage to Caldraza began. My family has been in my prayers every night since the fall of Saragost. I now have the faith and I truly believe that all the gods are throwing all their protections out as a team as the Starborn is. I think maybe Saragost was supposed to fall so that we would begin listening to one another. Now if the rest of the world would listen to us and start arming themselves with not just knowledge but weapons, as well, we will have a better fighting chance against this evil. If the word is spread across the ocean before the Drow have a chance to attack then perhaps countries can aid countries.

I refuse to break down. I hope my family is alright. Surely they knew ahead of time like most of Chillhame did and are keeping them at bay if not outright destroying them. I wish that I could get to them to help them, but I suppose that the direction I am headed is now the direction that will eventually help them. Since we are now on the same continent as my people we can now lead towards aiding them.

I agree with Alev that we need to find out what other countries have been attacked. It makes me wonder if the places the rumors say have been attacked are the places where the Starborn weapons are. I know Rygorh mentioned systematic attacks and I think he's right. They must be systematically attacking all places in which our rightful good weapons are hidden. At first I was simply thinking that Rygorh found his weapon on Chillhame and that all our weapons would be found on Chillhame. I must have missed the clue while I was brooding about going home.

Next Post