Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Casey: A Wild City

It was awfully nice to get off that blasted ship! Of course, what we landed in was not the nicest of cities. Crescent City is nothing like Saragost or back home in Umbria. It's a never sleeping city! I never knew you could purchase so many different things in one place. Back home gypsies traveled to us to show us their collections. Here in Crescent City folks stand about in amazingly filthy covered wagons or in some sort of push-buggy shoving their wares in your face. Women hang out of windows calling down to the men with their bosoms flopping about and make-up smeared on their faces. Why, it seems everyone is need of a bath here.

Here and there I notice what appears to be a beautiful, expensive inn in surrounded by several brothels and cheaper inns. I wonder why the innkeepers decided to buy themselves land and building amongst the most disgusting. One would think that the more expensive shops and inns would be at one end of the city while the lower-class would be at the other end.

The drunken acrobat was the entertainment our first night in Crescent City. That was quite amusing. It's amazing that he could stand, much less tumble and flip from table to table like he did. While standing on a swing that was attached to the ceiling he did this flip-about and managed to not entangle himself in the swing itself. It reminded me of the time that Daddy took us to Shumil to visit his sister. She hosted a party in which there was a fool, harpist, and an acrobat. The acrobat was sober, of course, and could do similar feats like the Tumbling Drunkard.

After dinner we listened to Rygorh opine about what we should and should not do while in the city. Somewhat agreeing with him I then climbed into bed and had the first good night's sleep I'd had in awhile.

The next day we all set out on our appointed tasks and while out I was able to find a wonderful master smith that is going to make me a masterwork scimitar. I can hardly wait to get it. Instead of fighting with a dagger and lunging in on my opponent I will be able to dance around them and slash. I'll need to get out and practice with it once I get it.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to start working with my horse. In that last battle with the dwarves I was chasing them down with not much idea where exactly they were. Neil was able to give me a direction but I want my horse to be able to sniff them out so I don't get hit quite so hard. Although, had I just dodged a little more I don't think they would’ve hit me.

Next Post