Thursday, March 09, 2006

Casey: Swamp Crazy

By the time we reached Crescent City I was feeling a little better. Now I'm back to feeling like we're in a non-winnable situation. We all decided to go to see if we could find this Ragged Man and get some information from him concerning the Equinox and our weapons. I was the one who mentioned that we should go find him since that was part of the reason Lady Arigane sent us here. I'm really wishing I'd kept my mouth shut.

We're in a swamp. It's not a normal swamp, I'm thinking. It has the strangest of creatures. In fact any knowledge I have of nature must be completely skewed. Never in million years would I have thought to be attacked giant crawfish. What in the hell are these swamp elves tossing in the swamp to grow them that big? I know that catfish grow as big as their surroundings but good grief! Poor Seebo was nearly swallowed whole by one of them. After I was able to free Dinah and Rygorh from being eaten all of us went to attack the one that had Seebo in its mouth. It makes me shudder to think about it. Neil was barely keeping him alive with healing spells. Dinah, Alev and I were beating it down but not nearly as quickly as it was eating Seebo. In the end we won that one.

But then we were attacked by flying bats with human heads. According to Dinah these things bite people and then their heads pop off their bodies and they become one! Oh, the horror that would be! They weren't difficult to kill, but they made some horrible screeching noise. I guess I'd make that same screeching noise too if I was bodiless.

Then this odd crocodile-fish creature kept trying to force us into something, but never managed to do what he was attempting. I still don't know what he was doing. I felled these two nasty looking elves while Dinah went beating on that crocfish and then I joined her in beating it down. I thought the elves were trying to break through a dam, but then noticed they weren't even elves after the croc-fish died and the dam was just a figment of our imaginations. Imagine that. One other good thing that came out of that fight was Seebo spotting some treasure.

And Alev thinks I'm acting out of character. Hmph: I can't believe all of us aren't insane after this!

Next Post