Thursday, March 09, 2006

Chronicles of Rygorh: Chased at Sea

After about a week at sea, a week since the events at Saragost I was standing on deck looking out at the horizon when I heard the sailors suddenly start shouting. I turned and looked there was what appeared to be the wreckage of a ship in the water and two figures frantically trying to swim in armor. The Sailors managed to bring the two women onboard. There standing in front of me were two beautiful women soaked to the bone. "Now they could liven this journey up a bit," was my immediate thought. We spoke with them for a few moments and we soon found out that they too were Starborn but that wasn't the biggest shock for me. "A Flaming paladin, how in the name of Chaos could the gods allow this to happen?" was the only thought on my mind. As if Alev's constant mutterings about Order weren't enough, now I have to deal with a fanatic. "Sigh, things just keep getting better and better." The other young woman was a bard, which did make me feel a bit better. I know that people of that profession are rarely into law and oppression.

Soon after when I finally was able to somewhat accept that now I had to travel with a paladin I heard a shout from the crows nest. Looking up I could see what looked like a pair of naked women with wings they had Neil caught in a rope and were pulling him up. By Firinna's sacred blade, where in the hell did they come from? Drawing on the power of the Goddess I called forth a glowing long sword of divine force and attacked. Neil managed to get away and fly on his own, however, the creatures seemed intent on burning our sails. Only once did one come onto deck and within moments realized that was the wrong thing to do as me, Casey, Knife and flaming paladin struck it hard. Even Rumus got into the action dropping his crossbow and attempting to tackle the beast. The creatures just sat in the air flying, shooting our sails with arrows that were setting them aflame, neither one dared to come close again. Once they were satisfied that our sails were destroyed they flew off. I wonder what in the planes of hell that was all about; flaming bitches show up and destroy our sails then leave.

After a couple of days rowing the answer was revealed as a ship showed up behind us keeping a steady pace. We kept an eye on this ship all day, and as evening approached the ship began creeping up on us. I do not think anyone had any doubts that these were Drow chasing us down. Suddenly everything fell into place in my head those bitches only wanted to slow us down so this ship could catch up. We were ready for them as the ship pulled along side and the Drow cast their darkness spells. The paladin cast an enlarge spell on m,e and I laid a vicious blow to the first person to board our ship. Unfortunately, he just shook it off and hit me with a chain, and then with another swing he used the chain to trip me and leave me flat on the deck. This was very aggravating as every time I would regain my footing the bastard would trip me again. Looking over it appeared as if Neil was having the same problem. I was so pleased to see Casey drop his ass. Once I was on my feet and looking around the fight was already over. While chain-boy was busy keeping us all busy Knife had boarded the other ship and cut down all the Drow in their own darkness. By Firinna's blade we now had our own ship!

Next Post