Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Chronicles of Rygorh: Leadership, Why?

The fight was finally finished, "By the nine planes of hell me and Ashton nearly killed the damn girl!" Those plant things, whatever they were, were some of the toughest opponents we have fought. Once they had the paladin within their deadly grasp it seemed I could not hit the damn thing without hitting her. By the arrows sticking out of her, Ashton was having the same issues. Well, finally they are dead. I am just hoping that my companions do not think I took advantage of the situation. They all know how I feel about order seemed that neither Ashton nor myself could strike a blow without hitting her.

Looking around and making sure that the paladin was healed I heard someone exclaim, "Fog, fog coming from the coffin!" Looking down I noticed this thick cloud of white, impenetrable fog billowing out of the glass coffin which quickly filled the room. Soon I could see nothing but this white haze in my face. Such frustration I had never known. I could hear blows being struck across the room and what sounded like Neil’s voice calling for assistance. Ashton next to me, although I could not see him, was yelling that he cannot see what to target. I told him to just stand fast and wait for his shot. I heard Seebo shout something that I didn’t really make out but responded "Everyone back out of the room down the hallway and make it come to use where we can see. I heard consent from most of the room but that was suddenly broken by the sound of Alev, he was chanting and casting something that I could not make out however suddenly a rush of air cleared the room of the dense fog and we could see again. Before I had a chance to look around I saw two arrows streak across my vision to the right and figured Ashton had found his target. Turning I saw the creature a Mummy had risen up from the casket and was now standing in the corner. Laughing I thought bad choice as me, the Paladin and Casey all cornered the bitch and hacked her to pieces.

Soon after the battle, Seebo suggested that we all wait here he though it best that he scout out the area ahead before we head there. At first I was against this Seebo had already risked his life at the altar and I did not want any harm to come to him. Ashton leaned over and assured me that he would be fine, his skills were better than I could imagine. So Seebo disappeared down the corridor and we sat and waited. After a few minutes of me and Alev arguing the points of Law vs. Chaos Neil exclaimed, "Wow look, there is Seebo!" Glancing up I could see him swimming on the outside of the force field that held the waters at bay, "what in the name of the Goddess," I thought. I immediately began calling for someone to break the gem in the floor so we could bring him back in however he seemed to be motioning us to follow him, so we did. Upon returning to the stairs back into the temple Seebo just sat there, floating and I looked to the Dwarf and said, "Break the damn thing!" This time he looked at me and said "Yeah!" running forward and smashing the nearest gem on the floor which disintegrated the force field and the following gush of water pushed us all down the steps back into the temple. We soon made our way back to the center chamber where the small island that housed a pyramid stood.

We decided that it was time to take a break before moving on, Seebo was tired from his swim, Neil and myself were low on spells. It was during this time that Seebo brought up the topic, which I knew, would most certainly lead to a huge argument. Seebo thought that for our remaining time within the temple Kettle take over as the leader of the group. This led to a massive debate of which created more chaos than I could have had I tried. Just a brief synopsis I of course argued down the point, Alev spent his time attempting to mock me with sarcasm and I could swear he was trying to anger me. Kettle and Seebo argued that the other was most suited to lead; Casey felt that she should resume the leadership and Neil wanted his Deity to lead. Oh, and of course the Paladin just chimed in how we needed order meanwhile I could see Ashton sitting back laughing at us. In thinking back, it must have been a comical scene. Sigh, Leadership a topic that will most surely come up again, I still prefer the diplomatic approach where everyone states their opinions then we vote on what to do next. I guess I need to think about this and figure out a way that we can decide something that will please everyone to some extent.

Next Post