Sunday, April 23, 2006

Chronicles of Rygorh: The Ragged Man

Once the conversation was over, well not over we just stopped arguing about it for the moment. Traveling down the other tunnel we overcame some obstacles and killed, or re-killed if you will, the final bride retrieving the last of the gems we needed. Proceeding directly up to the top level we began preparing for combat when one thought struck me, we did not come here to kill the Ragged Man. I spoke up to the group and suggested while we prepare for the worst we came here for information and we cannot get information from a corpse. I figured I am the best suited for negotiations so I convinced everyone to allow me to speak to him when we enter, possibly Kettle cause he seemed a pretty good person for negotiations. It was decided that someone small would open the doorway and Kettle, Alev, and Me would speak with him and attempt to avoid a fight.

Well once the door was, open everyone's weapons came out and for once I think we were actually prepared for anything. There sat this ancient elf, holding an orb that he said was ours however, the evil bastard used most of its power. This sorry ass evil son of an ogre was the sole survivor of the last war and he was supposed to wait for us and prepare us for this fight. That flaming idiot sat here so far away from Chillhame when he could have had his tower or pyramids near the Tump and spoke us day one. With some information, we could have prepared better and defended Saragost without all the guesswork. Sorry ass self centered Elves, Humph, now I am wondering if Starkweather John really died from wounds in the final battle or if this sorry ass Elf killed him. Well it will serve no point in dwelling on this now, we need to act, Rumus has his Item and we know how to find the others. We must all now gird ourselves for battle; once we all have our weapons then we can take the fight to the enemy. As soon as this Evil Bastard died, the top of the pyramid opened up and it was time to begin traveling through the swamp.

Of course, as soon as we headed out and began our venture back the arguments began again. Sarcasm, insults were flung around and generally a state of unease bordering on a total undoing of our entire team effort. Alev wanted to take care of the Plantation on the way back, I must say at first I argued against that however after thinking about it he is right. Seebo wanted to go straight for the maze, I cannot say that I blame him, and supported his argument since we know where the maze is. The most obvious destination is to go after the vault and equip everyone then the maze however, I do not think that the vault will be that easy to find. Nothing so far in this expedition has been, as it seems, we do know where the maze is and may be the quickest and easiest. I did have issue with Alev speaking in an accusatory tone that we left the entire city defenseless to come here and seek out our Items. He wanted to go back, immediately play local law enforcement, and seek out a murderer assuming that this murderer was somehow Drow related. At lease everyone else seemed to be of the same opinion as me concerning this, unfortunately we cannot waste time trying to right every wrong that we come across not when we have bigger fish to fry. Then of course, the entire issue with the mission of law in the middle of the swamp came up again, why I really do not know. It really is a minor affair however Casey takes it as a personal affront that I do not wish to stay in the place, not certain why she cares that much where I sleep. I for one am getting tired of the arguments it seems we all need to grow up some and try to get along. I have always been the type to speak my mind and give my opinions; I feel that I have come along way in trusting these people and trying to be less abrasive in my speech however that seems to do nothing to curb the arguments. I am on the verge of doing more like Tilk, just sitting back with my mouth closed and let everyone else decide what they want to do and if we die we die and the world is lost.

Next Post