Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Chronicles of Rygorh: A Dilemma in the Mist

This is the first (hopefully of many to come) PC point-of-view narrative of the events of this game.

Where am I? What happened? Glancing around I see only mist swirling in a hypnotic pattern and along with 5 others who appear confused and disoriented. How did I get here? The reoccurring question continues to drum in my head. I was last . . . hmm, where was I? The only memories seem to be of my distant childhood . . . memories best forgotten. I know who I am and can still feel the Strength and Warrior presence of Mighty Firinna within me. By war and flame, what has happened to me and who is responsible?

We all seem to be standing on a rocky hill surrounded by this mist; looking around I can see some pillars that seem to be circling the hill with some figures on them I cannot make out. My companions seem to be overcoming their own confusion I can hear the Elf casting detect magic, haughty and arrogant as most of his race with his nose stuck in a book. The female seems inquisitive and doesn't seem to care for the elf too much at all; I noticed her hand fly to her sword hilt as soon as he began casting. On the other hand we seem to have two of the small folk with us. One glides around gracefully looking everyone over with a practiced eye, while the other wearing some kind of priestly robes continually yammers about something incoherent *just my luck*. The large human next to me seems by his look to be from some barbarian tribe; he seems simple minded as most of his people but he has a gleam of something deeper in his eyes. The woman has decided to play hostess and began introductions while the elf ignores everyone to write in his flaming book. I learn that the woman's name is Casey, the barbarian Tilk, the irritating small one is Neil, the small one with a dangerous look in his eye wishes to be called The Knife (That's interesting!), and the Elf takes his face out of his book long enough to give his name as Rumus.

Suddenly a voice . . . in my head? Not that of Fiery Firinna, no but a soft, gently comforting voice. My Children, she calls us? The stars; I am not a star? Starkweather John's Sword, who is this? By war and flame more questions and nothing more than a promise of answers . . . Whats that . . . goblins Attacking! Rumus has been hit several times and is ready to fall; the divine power of Firinna will keep him on his feet, while the others dispatch the Goblins. Humph, this group seems to be handy in a fight. Neil stopped his muttering and yammering long enough to cast some spells. Casey fights with elegance and grace while spinning daggers fly from the hands of The Knife. Rumus casts some spells, and of course Tilk bellows and fights as only a barbarian can. Oddly enough with the death of the Goblins "who seemed to have vanished" the mist begins to rise leaving no trace of the battle and showing us nothing but a trail to be followed.

Next Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home