Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Seebo the Knife: A Life in the Day of . . .

Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up knowing its going to be a great day? You open your eyes and the sun is shining brightly through the window, bathing you in its warm glow. You revel for just a moment, basking in the warmth, slowly drifting in and out of that place between asleep and awake, the place where the world stops spinning for just a moment and you understand what true happiness is. That most likely isn't what happened to me this morning when I woke up. In fact, I don't even remember what happened to me this morning, but that's just how my life is.

So there I was, standing atop a hill with five complete strangers being charged by a horde of goblins. I did the only thing I could; I jumped into the fray and saved these wayward travelers. There was an elven wizard, a noble man; he stepped in front of me to shield me from the goblins. I nodded and told him it was a courageous gesture but not to underestimate me just because of my stature. He took two javelins for me; he is one of the bravest wizards I have ever met. A human, bald with some frightening tattoos came to aid the wizard. Seeing that he would be alright I charged a mass of goblins with no regard to my own safety. I engaged them and a fierce battle ensued. In the end, I stood proud before my fallen enemies.

What was that? The beginning? My friends, this was the beginning, but I'll go back a ways to help explain a few things. I promise it won't help though.

I was standing on a hilltop unsure of where I was. Those five lost travelers were with me on the hill, just as confused. Being the cool and controlled person that I am, I immediately took stock of the situation at hand. I had somehow ended up here on this hill in the middle of a circle of worn stones, almost pillars. I don't remember how I got here, and actually I don't remember what I was doing before. I remember the basics, who I am, my home, my fam-.

Anyway, we were a group of lost souls, brought together for some purpose unknown to us. I immediately knew there was something sinister at work, some malevolent force bent on an equally malevolent goal. That force must have been what brought us here. It was time to figure out what was going on and I stepped up. There was another Halfling, Neil he said his name was. He said these were the Stones of Heakun, some god or something. He started muttering to himself, said he was talking to Heakun, he couldn't have been quite right in the head; the gods don't care about lowly insignificants like us. The human woman, Casey, was nice, she seemed very down-to-earth, a trait I highly respect. I just abhor people who think too much of themselves. There was the noble elven wizard, Rumus. He had his nose stuck in a book, just like all of those scholarly types, furiously writing note after note. There was of course the frightening healer, bald with a tattoo of a dragon on the top and back of his head with the tail wrapping around his neck. It was absolutely grotesque; I can't understand why anyone would want to deface themselves in that way. The last of the wayward travelers was a big fellow, mostly quiet though. He had a very, very large sword strapped to his back; he spoke of honor and respect. Hmph. He called me 'little knife.' Where's the respect in that? He's lucky I'm such a nice guy.

So we're wandering around trying to figure out what's going on and why we're here and so on and so forth when all of a sudden BOOM! There's this voice that's speaking in my head. I fought it back, I didn't let it take me over, but then it spoke and I knew it wasn't malicious. I let the voice through, tentatively, listening for any signs of deceit. It was the voice of a woman; she spoke of regrets and an equinox and a battle or something and to find the sword of Starkweather John. I don't know what any of it was, what it meant, I figured it wasn't meant for me. She finished her little speech and then BANG! That's when the goblins attacked.

Are you all caught up now? See I told you, you're just more confused now than ever. A strange force brings six people together for an even stranger quest shrouded in mystery and secrecy. It sounded like fun so I offered to help.

To be continued . . .

Next Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home