Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Chronicles of Rygorh: Treachery in Saragost

After our meeting we went about our business and took our evening meal preparing to take all night watch on the warehouse. After going to the archives and looking over some old maps of the sewer system we headed to take up our watch of the warehouse. I was suggesting that we go down and look for ourselves but nobody was listening as usual when Alev indicated that the lady had contacted him with her sorcery again. She told Alev that we were needed in the Counsel chambers as soon as possible as Sir Jeren had been assassinated. We headed directly to the counsel chamber and found that he was murdered during the meeting with the Count and that a warrant was issued for the Crastic. While there we tell the rest of the members of the counsel about our warning at which point I decide to tell these people "maybe now when we tell someone to watch out they will listen!" I do make an act of faith deciding to trust these people for some unknown reason and ask the Bard to cast a spell upon my sword. A spell that reveals its history and nature and the nature of the wielder; doesn't really tell us much that we do not know except that I am the current reincarnation of Starkweather John as well as all who have carried the sword . . and there were many. As we prepared to leave I instructed Alev to give the writ to the head councilman to sign since Sir Jeren is dead and his signature is meaningless at this time.

As we headed back to the warehouse I once again suggested that we should check the sewers and that there were Drow inside the warehouse that's why the windows were painted, but Alev just waved off my suggestions since he seemed to fancy himself super sleuth trying to solve the theft crimes. Sitting up on rooftops all night was definitely not my idea of a good time. I could have a hunk of meat in my mouth and a stiff drink in my hand and the company of a lovely woman. "Sigh", here I am wasting my time instead, and as I thought the night passed uneventfully. In the morning when Alev couldn't seem to understand why no one had come or gone even though we could hear voices inside, I suggested again that we check out the sewers and Casey took this time to agree with me. "Hmm, maybe she is getting tired of Alev thinking he has all the answers." We went down into the sewer, and sure enough we found a tunnel that runs just below the warehouse and guess what? There was also a shaft going up just below the warehouse with a trapdoor that led into the warehouse. "Gee, I think someone suggested this last night."

We cast a few preparation spells and began our assent into the warehouse with Alev taking the lead, then me with sword flaming and in hand, followed by Casey and Neil. As we climbed up I could feel the anger fill me and with it came the battle lust that raged like a living fire and drove me in combat. Alev burst up through the trap door and I heard him casting a spell, without waiting I heaved myself up through the trapdoor and brought my sword down on the first target my eyes found, battle lust filling me as I watched some human sliding to the ground on my blade. With satisfaction I could see he would not rise again as the blood began to pool around him; looking around I found my next target. I took two steps towards the prone form of a Drow still sleeping I could feel my heart throbbing and my temples pound in the exhilaration of my lust. Knowing that this vile creature would never rise again as my sword came down across his throat. Turning I saw a dark dwarf rising from his bed. I began crossing the room. In my haze and lust for battle I could hear my companions screaming that we needed a prisoner, sighing I realized that I guess one should live so I used the flat of my sword to knock this guy out. Neil was going around checking on all the bodies to see who was alive as I calmed myself and brought my lust back under control.

It turned out that only the human I had struck with all my might when the combat began was the only one to have died. We took our four prisoners to the counsel chamber for interrogation. The Counsel wanted them interrogated in the prison, however, we were invited to attend and observe. It seemed that Alev and I were the only ones who could stomach an interrogation so we went to watch and add our own questions. We found out some very useful information: first the Drow were operating out of a ship in the harbor, second there was a plan to poison the water supply, there was also a group of Drow who were searching the sewers for something. Hmm, I thought they must be looking for our safe haven, I wonder if this is our opposites who could possibly use our sacred places as well this we still have not determined . . .

Next Post