Sunday, April 23, 2006

Casey: Death, Friendship, and Love

Death is not fun. Actually the dying part isn't fun. I've never been so injured or in so much pain. Feeling a pike slam through my body and then getting sliced by scimitars is not something I want ever repeated.

I did learn something from this experience; that I can be great if I live long enough to be like the Dervish that killed me. I was amazed to see myself in action, so to speak. What made her so great was her invisibility. She sneaked up on me and slashed me down. I wonder when our spell casters will learn that spell! It definitely will benefit our party.

Watching the dancing; her dancing was beautiful. I'm sort of shocked that I can find beauty in something that felled me. I wonder if my friends see that beauty when I do it or am I clumsy? I should ask one of them how it appears to them when I dance. I feel the need to know now that I've actually been in battle with another Dervish.

I am told that the cleric who landed the killing blow on my person we now have in custody. My friends avenged my death, though. Apparently the Dervish Drow carried two magical scimitars that are now in my hands. I'm sure that these are not my Starborn items, yet they will serve until we can get our items in the bank.

Dying was not what I assumed it to be. I didn't see any angels or gods and goddesses waiting for me. I must assume that is because it was not a true death in the sense that it was not really my time to leave this god-forsaken hell we're in. The whole experience put an even deeper sense in me that we must win this war for the greater-good, whatever that might be.

My comrades managed to get me into the Crescent City node, but I was confused by the many officers that were standing about watching! It seemed as if half of the corrupted city were there viewing the gods in action. Knowing what it looks like it's no wonder they backed away from me like I was the walking dead. It does look very strange to see what was once dead arising. I found out from Tilk that it was the governor and his guards and it made a little more sense. The node is at the top of the city hall. In my confusion upon waking I believe someone stated that the elves built it up here. Right now it doesn't seem a very good place to have one. Our meetings with the law haven't been real helpful thus far.

While Rygorh, Kettle, Alev, Neil and Dinah were talking to the governor, Tilk slipped me a note. My death was very difficult on him and he has pledged to protect me. From what I could gather from that note I do believe he was pledging his love for me. I'm not sure how to feel about that either. The task ahead of us is foremost in my mind. A personal relationship that is more than friendship would make this more difficult, especially should one of us die permanently. I also have the arranged marriage looming ahead of me if my family and betrothed survive this war we are fated to fight.

Next Post