Saturday, April 29, 2006

Chapter Ten: Seeking out Power (preparations and plans)

Armed with information on the location of their Starborn Signature Items the heroes hunker down for a time in Crescent City. There are more questions than answers at this time and many things to do . . .

  • One item is known to be in the old Testing Maze beneath the now defunct Thieves Guild. How do you get in and retrieve this item?
  • Several items (the rest of them?) are in a vault in the Central Bank. How do you get into the bank and retrieve these items?
  • Lord Malthus, the governor of Crescent City, has met with the Starborn and seems to have taken to heart some information about the drow threat. He has also arrested three of your fellows and held them for a day . . . what is up with that?
  • Vigilence Derrick, the leader of the Church of Malthus, met with Alev and Casey, and they had a pleasant exchange. He seems genuinely interested in doing what's best for Crescent City and the Church of Marius and was most disturbed by information about the drow threat. Will you try to get help from the churhc?
  • Seebo has attempted to make contact with Lord Raglan by asking about him in the Merry Jackdaw tavern. Thus far he's gotten no where, but he has confirmed that there are peopel there who know Lord Raglan. Will contacting any of the thieves guilds help you?

Rumors still abound about war throughout the lands. Most of these rumors can be discounted as there is no firsthand information about fighting anywhere except on Chillhame. You have heard nothing from Lady Arigane in nearly a month . . . what are the drow doing now?

Next Post

8 Comments:

Blogger Brent Nall said...

Lady Arigane responds:

"Stick to your quest. You are the hope of the world. The Sanctuary has fallen. We fight on in Hockton Barrow."

12:45 PM  
Blogger Raj said...

I may have a lead on the maze. I got the attention of Raglan and he wants to meet with me tonight. I have to go alone but that doesn't mean anyone who can come and back me up can't be in the vicinity.

I haven't found anything about any hidden shrines or churches or anything yet though.

As far as the Church goes, I still don't trust them. It sounds like Derrick is being awfully nice up front but a little sneaky behind our backs, and trust me, I know about being sneaky.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Raj said...

My meeting is tonight at 2am at Raglan's tavern the Merry Jackdaw. I say we start sending party members in early to hang out at the tavern, slowly filter our people in so when I get there at 2am should anything go bad, we're all there to respond. I don't anticipate any problems but then again we are dealing with unsavory characters here.

OOC: We can figure out the details at the beginning of the game. I want to waste as little time as possible so we can potentially hit the maze, bank and plantation tonight. Its ambitious but I think we can do it if we keep the arguing to a minimum. I think we're all agreed on our present course already anyway.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Raj said...

Before you go, Neil said he had a spell that could watch over you and let us know where you are. I think a locate object on a holy symbol of Firinna should keep track of you pretty well too. We all should be in or around the Governer's office should something bad happen. I've cased the joint and its pretty tight. I don't know that we'd be able to get in any other way than forcing our way in and that should be a last resort. We don't want to be criminals in this town. I agree with Alev, take Dinah and Tilk with you and I can do my best to shadow you the whole way, perhaps even into the building. I'd say deny the meeting if he doesn't let Dinah and Tilk in. Lets play this on our terms, not his. What do you think Rygorh?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Raj said...

Ok now that thats settled, whats this I hear about me being an assassin sent to murder Casey? I started some rumors about some stuff but I never started that one. Maybe I should go with you Alev and set the archbishop straight as to my intentions. I actually have taken offense to his insinuation that I might be one of these unsavory characters.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Brent Nall said...

And the DM looked down upon the face of the world He had created, and seeing the scurrying and confusion and mucking about and such, He did grin . . .

1:06 PM  
Blogger Raj said...

ooc: We're discussing quite a bit here. I think we all pretty much have an idea of the plan. Can we wait to discuss it further tonight? I'm having trouble keeping up with the postings and I'm one of the ones who has easiest access to the board. Just a thought for the benefit of everyone else who can't check the board regularly.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Raj said...

You think the Archbishop is the friend to make? I still say he's the puppetmaster and the whole town is in chaos because of him. But thats just my opinion based on nothing more than a gut feeling. Regardless, I don't see any point in instilling fear in the church and potentially having them decide to "eliminate" a threat before it becomes a problem. No, I'd like to go talk to him and set him straight myself. I'd prefer to go with you Alev but I can go on my own if necessary.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home