Sunday, April 23, 2006

Casey: Frustration at Every Turn

Okay. I was wrong. I'll admit when I'm wrong. That stupid elf WAS evil and he WAS alive. I really thought we were just going to find a book. It would've been a lot easier had we found a book with some real information in it. The information we got out of the elf was skewed at best. He begrudgingly gave us information because he wanted to live longer. Live longer!!! Why in the world someone would willingly live a thousand years and with no life to speak of is beyond my comprehension. What an idiot!

The information we gleaned from him wasn't of much help in my opinion. We received an orb that only contained three powers left to it. Apparently it used to hold a lot of powers but because he wanted to live forever he drained it of its proper strength. Rumus did receive his Starborn item in the process, but we have yet to give it to him because he has taken to doing research and has basically disappeared. The elf also gave us little information on where our Starborn items are. They are in a magically sealed vault inside the Crescent City bank. It would've helped if he'd had the key to that vault.

Dinah and I attempted to discover the family tree of the man who put the Starborn items there, but the sage we paid couldn't find any information. At least Seebo will be able to get his. How hard can a person of his ability have going through a maze? And I did get two magical scimitars from that Dervish Drow. That's some compensation for death.

It still seems to me that we're at a crossroads. We have a governor who isn't very helpful at all. We cannot find any information on the bank vault, the man who put it there or his family. We also have a very corrupt city that is probably so foul and infiltrated with Drow that we will all be seeing our deaths sooner than anticipated.

Why does it feel like the followers of the Devil always have more information and we can't seem to get any?! They are always one step ahead of us. Why aren't our gods bending over backwards giving us information?!

There I go again; cursing what we do have. I should feel more grateful that we at least found a node, even if we have to fight to get to it. It's just so difficult to feel grateful when we have to fight for everything and it seems the Drow just snap their fingers and receive.

If I was one for over-indulging I would go get drunk and ignore the world around me. I think that's what we need is a day or two of vacation. No thinking, no arguing, just have a shindig the likes of which my father use to hold. I know that that idea will be pooh-poohed, though.

Next Post