Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Casey: Thoughts

I wish they had listened to me. I think there is something to be said for a woman's intuition. That doesn't mean they will listen to me next time. I don't think I have a voice half the time. Perhaps my father was right. Oh, I have to get over their blind-sight. Or is it my blind-sight? I should not have expected that anyone would just listen to me. I have to prove it. But if they won't even hear me then how can I?

While I'm still extremely upset over what happened on the Drow ship, I'm not going to let that affect how I react in the upcoming battle. I will just continue to take orders, as usual. It just makes me feel so inconsequential and small. I don't feel that I am accomplishing anything if I'm not contributing something other than my sword. I suppose that my predecessor did not offer anything other than his or her sword either. Who knows? Maybe that's something I can find out in my research! I definitely think finding out something about all of our predecessors would be beneficial to us as a whole.

I'm sort of nervous about the battle to come. In my mind's eye I see Alev fall and then rise again! That was a horrifying scene! I think that a lot of what we will be fighting will be the basic front-line Drow and Duergar, but if they have all the powers that those other fighters we fought in the forest have then we will be busier than ever. I hope Saragost truly has what it takes to defend this city and its livelihood. Hombel knows that despite us being the chosen ones we can't fight it alone. It definitely means that I cannot let my feelings about how these boys do not listen to me get in the way. I won't have time to do anything other than fire an arrow or slice Drow and Duergar in half.

Next Post