Thursday, May 04, 2006

Seebo: Reflections on Pride

"I've come to expect the tests. I know what you're doing. You're not surprising me with them anymore. This was a good one but I beat you, admit it.

"The dwarf was skilled, I'll give you that. In some areas I'll even admit he's better than me. You wanted me to be jealous of him, to feel threatened by him, to hate him because he was just like me. Either that or you wanted to see if that's how I'd react or if I'd take the high road.

"I got news for you, mister, I'll take the high road cause that's the kind of hero I am. Keep 'em coming. I want these tests. There's nothing you can do that will make me fold in on myself. I'm a new man.

"Sure he could see things I missed. He was even pretty good with the traps in the Temple. The truth is we made a good team. He had the abilities and could take the hits. I had the abilities and could stand back and wait till he took all the hits. No, we made a hell of a team. Oops, sorry. I mean we made a heck of a team.

"Does this get me points with you? Do I have enough for you to finally say something? Anything? Just one word? Pretty soon the rest of them are going to think I'm completely off my rocker. At least Neil has his magic that shows he's one of your chosen. I got nothing. I'm just talking to air. Come on, just one word? Please?

"Whatever.

"I like Kettle. He's a nice guy. I'm still a little threatened by his abilities, but I think working with him rather than against him is the best way to do this. We are after all fighting the same fight for the same reasons. No, he's a good man and I respect him for his abilities. We all bring something unique to this fight, and I don't know that we could survive it if we all weren't here doing what we do best. I approve of your test.

"I'm kidding, don't get so uptight. I'm not that prideful to presume you need my approval. I mean you're Old Heakun for Gods' sake. But in all seriousness, the tests make me a better man. Thanks."

Next Post