Thursday, May 04, 2006

Seebo: The Crime I Didn't Commit . . . Yet

Back in Crescent City, we didn't even stop to unload before we made our way to the Node. It turns out the orb led us to the Town Hall. What a great place to put a Node! I mean, it wasn't as if everything else in our lives wasn't difficult enough that now we had to convince the leaders of this city to let us just wander around the Town Hall so we can raise our dead friend. This one would take some smooth talking. Too bad all we had was Rygorh and Alev.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're both great guys and they do a bang up job with just about everything else. It's just this particular situation required a modicum of tact, something Rygorh lacks. It also required a certain amount of honesty, which Alev finds mostly unnecessary. Kettle and Dinah went along just to be sure nothing bad really happened.

I'm kind of sketchy on the details of what actually happened when they talked to the Governor, but whatever they said managed to grant them access to the room they needed, and they raised Casey with little problem. Now imagine you didn't know people could be brought back from the dead. Imagine you had never seen it before in your life. Imagine you just did. People were scared.

And guess who got to reap the benefits. That's right, the Governer had me, Tilk and Ashton arrested. I spent the whole damn day in a dank and dingy cell. For what? How dare he presume to lock me up! Especially when I didn't even commit a crime this time!

More than that, he apparently brough Tilk up to his office and fed him fancy breads and cheeses and got him drunk on wine. I didn't even get table scraps. Tilk walked out with a bag full of gems. I walked out with nothing but my hat, which was undamaged thankfully.

To top it all off, the bastard had the nerve to send an "I'm sorry" basket the next morning to me and Ashton. I told the messenger to tell that pompous prick to shove it up his arse. The messenger was disinclined to deliver that message so he told him I disrespectfully declined to accept the gift. It ended up in the harbor.

I was so mad. I needed to cool off, maybe try and make some headway with some of the other things that I needed to do to get out of this Gods forsaken town. I went to Raglan's tavern, the Merry Jackdaw or something. I asked around, played some darts, drank some ale, you know the whole bit. I got their attention for sure. It didn't do any good, they just kicked me out which just frustrated me more.

So I came back again. And again. And again. They kicked me out again and again and again. I should have known to quit the first two times. Sometimes I just don't learn.

I was left without a clue on how to proceed next and all I wanted to do was get the hell away from there. Little did I know the answers would soon present themselves to me on their own.

Next Post