Friday, May 05, 2006

Journals of a Hunter: A Harsh Reality

I always thought life was just waking up in the morning, putting on your furs, grabbing your bow and making ready for the hunt. Seems in the past few weeks things have not been that easy. I've had to find resolve, make hard decisions that I never thought I would have to. I've lost friends to battle and death. Even I have died to creatures similar to those that killed my parents. My heart has torn and no matter how brave that I thought I may have been its placed fear into my soul. I have found courage though and a reason to keep going not only because of friends but because I have found a longing that has been missing from my heart.

A lot of new information has been uncovered in finding our Starborn items that seem so close but so far away. Although they are right there within grasp it seems that they still remain far away and unreachable. Seebo, Ashton and myself were jailed for what seems no reason at all and me being questioned and fed this awesome banquet, given jewels all outside the eyes of the others; do I really look that naive? The Governor was questioning me about what we were doing and what our intentions were, of course I was hesitant to give him a straight answer. I didn't want to give him any information that might bring harm upon the others. I really didn't know how to answer him except to say we are investigating the Starborn and trying to find information about them and the war. I assumed he got the information he wanted because he paid me and told me that I was welcome to leave. What was I to this is what I meant by having to make those hard decisions.

The thieves' guild? A maze with a hidden item? A mysterious plantation? A vampire and murders? A slave revolt rising? All these issues are really burdening my mind when it seems just so much easier to blindly pick up my sword and swing at things. I hope we get these problems dealt with quickly and we all make it out of this alive.

Next Post