Monday, February 20, 2006

Seebo: Reflections II

"Neil looks pretty bad. I think he's taking this harder than any of us. He's usually the most vibrant one among us but lately he's been in a dour mood. Do you think you can talk to him? You know, maybe tell him that it wasn't his fault and you're not disappointed in him? See, I think the biggest thing that's bothering him isn't necessarily the fall of Saragost, but rather the loss of the Tump and the Node. He thinks he failed you.

"It bothers me a lot to know that we can't even stand against our enemies right now. But I don't think we'll always be the underdogs. I have hope. I think Neil is losing his. I hope he doesn't start to doubt his faith. You'll talk to him right? He needs you now more than ever.

"At least a few of us seem to be dealing with this whole thing well enough. Alev doesn't seem too phased but then again he's the son of a warlord or something. I think we all need to look to each other for strength right now.

"Casey has been really quiet though that's not too out of the ordinary. She's probably not handling this too well. Hopefully she'll find a way to come to grips with what happened. We can't afford to lose her to her own fears.

"You know, I have a newfound respect for Rygorh but maybe you can have Firinna talk to him. Sometimes he just doesn't understand. As soon as we fled Saragost, can you believe he tried to get us to start making plans for what we were going to do when we hit Caldraza? While I agree that we probably should figure out what we're going to do, he should have given us at least a little bit of time. He has good intentions, I know. But sometimes you have to look beyond what you see in front of you and discover that there is something else underneath. We're each dealing with what happened in our own way. I suppose this is just Rygorh's way of dealing with it. He's always been the 'take action' kind of guy. I wonder if he ever feels sad or just hides it with his anger. You wouldn't happen to know would you?

"I wonder how Tilk feels. I've never been dead before. Heh, there's something I never thought I'd say. Rygorh and Alev, and now Tilk have all experienced something pretty amazing. I can't imagine what its like to die.

"Rumus is just as quiet as ever. He's so hard to read. I just haven't been around too many elves in my life. Sure I met a few here and there around Verda but I can maybe count on two hands how many I've met in my life.

"I think I'll go up top for a while and get some fresh air. Thanks for the talk. You know, you don't have to just listen? I wouldn't mind hearing what you think about what's going on. Ah well, I'm sure you have your reasons for everything you do."

Next Post